We will expand this FAQ, currently primarily on technical issues.
Q. What if I get to a page that asks me to provide my current password before I change it? A. We have changed the registration process. At the sign-on box, please Click "Request new password" and log out from the site at upper right corner of the page. When you use the one-time custom URL, next time you get to the Edit My Account page, it will allow you to change your password without asking for the old one.
Q. I had trouble using Firefox selecting my vehicle from the drop-down menu. A. We've fixed this; go back now and select one or more vehicles from the list (now including PEVs sold in Europe.)
Q. I can't find my two-wheeler. What can I do? A. We have started by listing highway-capable four-wheel vehicles, motorcycles, and scooters. We hope in the future to add Citycars, Neighborhood Electric Vehicles, and other 3 and 2-wheelers, since they're all of course a big part of the plug-in story. And you can already list a conversion and describe other vehicles in "My EV story."
Q. How do I use the map on my mobile device? A. To zoom in, use the + sign or double-tap on the map.
Q. I have problems accessing the search page using Internet Explorer 8. A. IE8 sn't fully standards-compliant and doesn't support some tools we use. The pins don't "cluster" and you won't see zoom buttons on the map; you'll have to use the mouse scrollwheel.
Q. What other upgrades are coming? What other bugs are being worked out?
- Fine-tuning sizes and spacing of text around the site
- Updating the colors on the site
- We plan to add more driver search capabilities in the coming months.
- Users on phones and tablets may experience slow loading of the search map!
- Contributors to blogs and forums may see extra lines between paragraphs (especially if text is pasted in). Using preview, remove all line returns.
- We will have a way for EV-curious people who buy a PEV to change their registration status to driver.
- More guidance and standards soon for the way the site scales and crops photos (some get cropped)
- Rapid transitions at times for photos in home page slideshow
- Searching Galleries (for photos and videos) and Forums
The DrivingElectric Team